Last Updated on 30.04.2023 by nataljascollage
Small business is a business where you earn money and have a small number of employees (1-5 people) on staff.
For those who dream of starting a small business, I have prepared a checklist of ideas for small businesses.
You need to do the following:
In the first column, write the answer to the question: What can I do? Everything that you do well.
In the second column – the answer to the question: What do I want and where do I want to be? All your thoughts about what you want to do and where you want to go.
From Can and Want, you will create a plan for what you need to achieve your goals.
It all depends on where you want to be and what you need to do to get there.
For example, if you want to become a fashion designer:
What I can do – draw well, understand silhouettes, choose fabrics, know the history of fashion and art.
What I want – release a clothing collection.
What is needed for this – delegate responsibilities/hire people (technologist, cutter, sketch artist), and you will create a collection.
For those who are still thinking about starting a business and those who already have a business, you can also slightly rephrase the questions: What do I have now, where do I want to be, and what do I need to do for it?
This is a kind of inventory of your goals and plans.
Here are some more ideas for small businesses that you can consider:
- Personalized gift shop: Create a shop that specializes in personalized gifts, such as custom-made mugs, keychains, t-shirts, etc. You can offer these items for various occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, or holidays.
- Pet grooming services: If you love animals, consider starting a pet grooming service. You can offer various services like haircuts, baths, nail trimming, and more.
- Food truck: Starting a food truck can be a great option if you are a good cook and want to share your culinary skills with others. You can choose a niche like Mexican, Asian, or Italian food and offer your dishes at festivals, farmers’ markets, or other events.
- Online tutoring: If you are good at a subject or have teaching experience, you can offer online tutoring services. You can teach students of all ages, from elementary school to college level.
- Cleaning services: Starting a cleaning business can be a profitable venture. You can offer services like house cleaning, office cleaning, or specialized cleaning services like carpet cleaning or window washing.
- Personal stylist: If you have a keen eye for fashion and style, you can start a personal styling service. You can help clients choose outfits for special occasions, revamp their wardrobes, or create a signature style.
- Event planning: If you are good at organizing events and have a creative streak, you can start an event planning business. You can offer services like wedding planning, corporate event planning, or party planning.
- Social media management: If you are tech-savvy and have experience in social media marketing, you can offer social media management services to businesses. You can help them create and manage their social media profiles, develop content, and increase their online presence.
- Handmade crafts: If you have a talent for crafting, you can start a business selling your handmade items like jewelry, pottery, or home decor. You can sell them online or at craft fairs and markets.
- Language translation: If you are fluent in multiple languages, you can offer translation services to individuals or businesses. You can translate documents, websites, or provide interpretation services for meetings and events.
These are just a few ideas for small